Sustainable self-care is about purposefully taking the time to participate in activities which benefit your mental, spiritual and physical well-being, but also have a minimal or positive effect upon the environment. With the increase in awareness of and want to be eco-friendly, sustainable self-care activities and rituals are growing in popularity. We’ve got seven beautiful ones to share with you today.
7 Sustainable Self Care Activities
To help you with your self-care, here are seven of our favourite eco-friendly ideas:
- Exercise – whether you take a walk on the beach or around the block, play tag with the kids in the backyard or play a team sport, exercise produces endorphins, the happy hormones.
- Go Device free – turn off your TV, phone or iPad. It’s time to enjoy some device free time and start noticing what is happening around you. You’ll also save on your power bill too.
- Hobby time – baking, sewing or reading, spending time dedicated to experiencing and enjoying our hobbies helps us to de-stress and unwind.
- Declutter – why not spend time sorting out your cupboard or a few drawers? Donating or selling your unwanted belongings can give you back plenty of space too. There’s something to be said for the positive feelings that minimalism can bring.
- Enjoy a cuppa – a hot drink of chai, tea, coffee of chocolate can give you the opportunity to have a mindful moment. You could even light a candle and work to create a serene space within your home or workplace. Our soy wax candles just happen to be eco-friendly and 100% biodegradable too.
- Personal self-care – taking a warm bath, having a massage or simply brushing your hair helps you to reset yourself and feel better. Our bamboo hairbrushes are made from a sustainable resource too, which is kind on your hair and the environment.
- Journaling – jotting down your thoughts and feelings helps you to reassess how things went and how you felt about them. It can help to reduce anxiety and stress, give you the opportunity to see things from a different point of view and make choices about how to approach situations in the future.
Why not start your sustainable self-care routine with a daily haircare ritual? It only takes a moment and helps you to look and feel great – the perfect start to any day!